MATERIALS MANAGEMENT DIRECTOR
(M-F I 40 hr work week)
Administers and directs program to purchase materials, supplies and equipment for hospital use and coordinates the activities of workers receiving, storing and issuing purchasing items. Manages and supervises the Purchasing staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reviews requests for medical equipment, furnishings, supplies, building materials, and other items to assure that requisitions meet with purchasing policies.
Consults with department heads to resolve discrepancies or to assist them in preparing requisitions for special items.
Analyzes market conditions and statistical data, interviews vendors and reviews catalogs and other source material to obtain information on items for purchase.
Compares prices, specifications and delivery dates and directs the preparation and mailing of purchase orders to merchandising firms or their representatives.
Prepares bid instructions on large orders or special equipment. May submit purchase orders on acceptable bids to administrative personnel for approval.
Arranges with vendors for discount prices on purchases of large quantities of items such as oxygen, soaps, intravenous solutions and other supplies.
Examines purchasing records to ascertain that staff has compiled with all procurement procedures. Arranges with vendors for replacement of defective items purchased.
Reviews advertising literature, trade magazines and other publications to keep abreast of market conditions, cost prices and new products. Consults with department heads to determine quality, effectiveness and durability of products purchased.
Establishes procedures for, and assigns duties to, personnel engaged in receiving, storing and issuing purchased items.
Directs the taking of periodic inventories. Examines inventory records for accuracy and adherence to inventory control procedures.
Reviews inventory of stock items to ensure that level is consistent with usage. Initiates purchase orders on depleted stocks.
Implements all claims for frozen, damaged, missing or lost freight - either equipment or expendable items.
Arranges for repairs on small equipment or electronic equipment that cannot be repaired by in-house engineers or equipment that is still covered by warranty.
Clears and codes according to department all invoices and returns to accounts payable for payment.
Orders medications as directed by the pharmacist or nursing service but will not handle or store medications and does not have access to the central pharmacy.
Other duties as assigned.
College degree in business administration or allied field preferred. Will accept high school graduates who have taken courses in purchasing, merchandising, accounting and marketing at the college level.
Requires five years' experience in a phase of purchasing, either for the hospital or another institution.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger or handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift, push, pull, and/or move up to 25 to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Involves frequent handling of records, printed matter and correspondence. Talking and hearing are essential when conferring with vendors, department heads and associates. Duties are performed in an indoor environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please contact Linda Benoit at 701-256-6127 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
REGISTERED RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGIST
CCMH in Langdon is looking for a flex time on call Registered Radiologic Technologist. This would include weekend call and some weeknights.
Must be ARRT registered. CT experience preferred but will be willing to train interested applicant. Please contact Pat Bredeson at:
Cavalier County Memorial Hospital
909 2nd Street
Langdon, ND 58249
PRN CLINIC OFFICE NURSE
Cavalier County Memorial Clinic-Langdon/Walhalla
Hours: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. or as needed.
Needs Current North Dakota License
Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing
2 years of Professional clinical nursing experience
Questions can be directed to Sara Erickstad at 701-256-6120.
STAFF NURSE, RN OR LPN
Full time or part time, rotating shifts and weekends. Wage dependent on experience. Submit an application to: Lindsey Mehlhoff, RN DON or Jamie Nienhuis, RN CNO. Questions can be directed to Lindsey at 701-256-6109 or Jamie at 701-256-6137.
FLEX TIME COOK
CCMH is looking for a flex time cook. 12+ hours a week, including rotating weekends. Call Michelle Chock at 701-256-6181 or Linda Benoit at 701-256-6127.
BUSINESS OFFICE MANAGER
To supervise and coordinate activities of personnel in the business office of the hospital and to coordinate the collection functions of the hospital.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Organizes and supervises office operations such as admissions, billing, filing insurances, sending statements, collections and other clerical services
- Maintains sufficient flow of work by evaluating office production and revising procedures accordingly
- Standardizes office procedures and initiates policy and procedural changes
- Directs department operations to prepare and retain records, files and reports in accordance with hospital standards
- Plans office layouts, requisitions office supplies and equipment and initiates cost reduction programs
- Exercises independent judgment within established policy to resolve problems with patient accounts
- Coordinates office collection procedures and analyzes collection reports to determine effectiveness of collection policies and determine further steps in collection efforts
- Monitors patient accounts and initiates collection procedures when necessary in accordance with hospital policy
- Handles correspondence and claims in connection with bankruptcies and estates
- Compiles data required for transfer of accounts to collection agency
- Compiles monthly report of bad debt account collections and bad debt write-offs
- Acts as liaison to Collection Committee (Board of Directors) and to collection agencies regarding bad debt accounts and collection procedures
- Coordinates with the Financial Director regarding Charity Care applications and recommends approval or rejection of application along with the corresponding discount if application is approved
- May participate in budget preparation
- Interviews and hires new business office employees and assigns them to duties within the business office
- May arrange training for all business office staff
- Conducts periodic staff meetings to inform staff of changes in policies and procedures
- Experience in the hospital business office or a similar business office is required
- Leadership experience is desired
- Usually requires some on-the-job training
- Must obtain certification from American Heathnet in various modules
- Verbal ability required to interpret and explain hospital business policies to employees and staff
- Numerical ability required to prepare reports and determine accuracy of employees’ work
- Knowledge and understanding of procedures for bill collection and follow-up
- Ability to determine and resolve billing problems with patients and insurance companies
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work independently using judgment and analytical skills to resolve problems or discrepancies
- Ability to communicate with others to assimilate and understand information, in a manner consistent with the essential job functions
- Ability to make sound decisions in a manner consistent with essential job functions and consistent with hospital policy
- Must have ability to plan, control and direct all activities in the business office
- Tact required to deal effectively with subordinates, employees, other staff and patients in carrying out functions of the business office
- Clear thinking requiredto make judgmental decisions in initiating business office policy and procedural changes
- Additional job duties as needed
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL ABILITIES:
Work is performed in an office setting and business casual attire is expected. This position requires good communication skills and the ability to learn new skills quickly as other duties may be required. Hand-eye coordination and fine manipulation skills are necessary to operate computers and various types of office machinery. May also require occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds.
Supervisor to: Admissions Clerk, Billing Clerk, Insurance Clerk, Receptionist, Collections Clerk
Hours: 40 hour week, 8 am – 4:30 pm Monday-Friday
BENEFITS INCLUDE: (employees working 24+ hours per week)
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Medical Spending/Dependent Care
• Ancilliary Insurances (accident, cancer, disability, etc.)
• Paid Time Off and Extended Leave Benefit